Original piston and camshaft

Yup, my car are finally leaving the mechanic and been driving it carefully for the past 1 week. When I collect my car, I did collect the old parts that was replace in the overhaul process and I would like to share some photo of the original piston and cam shaft of HT81S.
The above picture show a comparison of a cleaned piston compare to what the condition of the piston after using it for 290k km or 8 years of abuse....heavy presence of carbon on the top of the piston can be seen even I am using shell v-power for almost 95% of the fuel usage in this 8 years. So the cleaning property of the fuel are only limited to the intake valve location only. Even the exhaust valve are covered with carbon.

Above are the original camshaft of HT81S, this should be the intake valve camshaft.

Comments

  1. i see a tomei box behind those stock camshafts :) Wonder if those are going into your rebuild :p

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment