Overheat .... again...

 Overheating hit again, this time after a hard run from my outstation trip the other day. I was revving my engine quite hard for almost 30 minutes in some winding road which ended with a short hill climb. Then disaster come, my engine temperature climb to 116 degree celcius during idling and was shock with this situation. Pullover at a petrol station and check my engine bay for leaks. What I observe is the overflow tank was full and my radiator water level drop. I let it sit a while while I take my dinner, when I came back to my car I fill it up and drove slowly home.

 The next day I bought myself a new radiator cap and I hope this will solve my problem. I was thinking about getting a monster sport cap but short of time, I just get whatever the shop offer. A GReddy radiator cap and fit it for the past week and no overheat so far. From the picture below, you could see my previous radiator cap was a standard Denso cap that I had used for around 2 years. I had changed my radiator before this as the original had a leak and bought a custom copper radiator.
 Plus I had change my radiator fan as I suspect the fan doesn't operate efficiently. It cost a bomb too. Anyway think of it, I had drove it for around 8 years and never change it before. This does justified the money I paid for the replacement. Part number is 17120-80G00 and it the same for Suzuki Solio/Wagon R.
The fan assembly are quite solidly built and heavy too.
I hope after changing these parts, I won't be having the overheat problem again. I don't wish to stuck in a jam with bad cooling for my engine. Then my informeter will sound warning again!

Comments

  1. most probably the tube in your coolant reservoir drops...nothing to do with the cap. water is expel to the tank but unable to suck back in.

    -Garret

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had check the tube. It didn't drop. Thanks for the suggestion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the thermostat failing or maybe need to get the radiator flushed, seems strange as Suzuki motors tend to love being thrashed with temps only hovering around the 90 degree celcius range. Personally, I reckon the Ignis needs an oil cooler to kelp keep engine temps down and place less stress on the engine, especially considering the new model swifts all come out with an integral oil cooler and that you are in a hot environment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment