Back from long holiday

Its been a long holiday for me and I can't managed to get some extra time to write about HT81S in the month of February. Extended Chinese New Year couple with hectic work schedule before and after the holiday which consume all my time, anyway February is a short month. Hopefully I could write more about HT81S in the coming months.
This time I would like to share the feeling that I had for the past 1 year about the ownership of HT81S around the world. I do always browse Yahoo Auction Japan to bid for rare HT81S parts. One interesting item that pop up last week was a pair of Suzuki Sport Aero Mirror. As you can see from the picture below, it was won by a bidder at a price of JPY72,000 that equivalent to RM2,000+. It is a high price for a pair of used mirror. It is even more expensive than a used carbon fiber bonnet by Monster. For your information, this item were selling at JPY84,000 when launch back in 2005.
I wonder what is the buyer was thinking. No doubt this is a rare item and it look good and really enhance the image of a HT81S. I would like one too to replace my mirror as the paint had worn badly.

The hardcore HT81S owner in Japan still holding to their car even it is a 10 year old car and continue to buy parts at this price make me wonder whether this car will be a future classic. I don't mean it will be as popular as AE86 or  Civic, but I can't really understand. Myself too are spending more money to upgrade the car by buying new and used item from all over the world.

The facebook page of Suzuki Ignis Sport are getting busy with pictures and discussion popping out everyday and I never seen this 3-5 years ago. I love this kind of thingy as it is a platform for owners to share what is happening at the other side of the world.



Links to original Suzuki Sport page :-
http://www.suzukisport-racing.com/news/050303mirror/index.html

p/s : I sometimes thinking of changing to the new ZC32 too, or do I keep this car ? I wonder!!!!

Comments

  1. Hello
    I'm the winning bidder of those mirrors and there on there way to Australia. I have been looking for the mirrors for the last 4yrs and was not letting them get away.
    Cheers Rowan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by and comment here.
    Share some photo with me. I would like to see how those mirror on the car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a pair of those mirror in my closet! Letting go for S$150 exclude delivery. Contact me at redwan_hash@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it is Suzuki Sport original mirror then I am very interested!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment