HT81S = Kei car ?

This is something that happened yesterday at my favorite wheel shop as I was doing my car alignment and wheel balancing. As I was waiting for my car to enter the alignment machine, here come a group of men in a black Altezza which comprises the owner, a friend and a mechanic. 
The thing started when the mechanic start to chatting with the shop assistant and keep on saying that my car is a Kei car, the funny thing is he don't know that I am the owner and standing beside my car. Next he walk over to my car and ask the shop assistant to pop open the bonnet and start to mumbling away. 
I don't mind they looking at my car and pop open the bonnet just the word keep coming into my mind is the Kei car word. Does HT81S look like a Kei car ?
I had changed my bonnet to monster and it shouldn't be that Kei-ish does it ?
Anyway, after I bought my car and having it a while, I think that it reminds me of the Postman Pat car as mine are red and both look pretty similar.
What does your car remind you of ? Or HT81S really stand on it own ? A unique design...



Comments

  1. I think he may of been confusing it with a car by Suzuki called the Suzuki Kei (which is a Kei Car), and that looks a lot like an Ignis!

    https://www.google.com.au/search?q=suzuki+kei&sugexp=chrome,mod%3D3&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=7zbhUPHyII6RigeOwoCABQ&biw=1097&bih=568&sei=8jbhUJWhIsjVkgWe-YDoAQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe. But highly unlikely. I don't think he know how to spell kei correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't remind me of any other car, that's why I bought one as it is unique, especially in Australia!
    Great site, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a special car. I will keep up the good work.
    Share me with anything interesting in australia.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment