Collection of Engine Oil

I like to keep my car engine rev happily during my entire ownership of HT81S hence I dislike the feeling that the engine is sluggish to rev up. Torque will hit the peak only at 3-4k rpm compare to the current turbo charged car, HT81S need to rev up to keep up!

All these years I had tried a few brand of engine oil which include Motul, Redline, Royal Purple, Torco, Castro and etc... but I keep to some principal in choosing these, that it must be fully synthetic and grade 30 oil. I had tried using the grade 40 oil and it does give some sluggishness to the engine but the engine is quieter than 30.

The most expensive one that I had used is Torco and the best I feel is Redline or Royal Purple but
I yet to try the premuim oil from Motul or Torco, it does cost almost twice as much of Redline.
My HT81S gotta endure traffic jam and some highway travelling everyday and will travel as much of 100km per day with a minimum of 30km in normal working days. Weather in Malaysia is hot and humid and some friends does comment that grade 30 oil doesn't suit Malaysia weather but I beg to differ.

I got around 450-470 per tank full after oil change and it start to degrade and lose mileage after 5000-6000km interval. I always change my oil every 10k interval and normally I will use around 3.3 quartz everytime, which means the oil level will be just slightly above the minimum marker on the dip stick.

Since now oil prices are not subsidized in my country for Ron97 oil, I will be saving more on fuel if I keep the engine run smoothly which means more frequent engine oil changes. More money spend on engine oil to reduce money spend on fuel. Does this really works ?


Comments

  1. I wouldt like to hear your reason why you stick to 5W30 and not an 5w40-50. u also have to take notis of the distance your engine have run etc.

    Btw i am using a Havoline(texaco) 5w40 ultra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel comfortable with 5w30 oil. It serve me well, good rev and the engine noise is still low, good mileage too

    ReplyDelete
  3. the reason why i suggest a 5w40 ore 5w50 is because of the warmer clima and those oils wil give a better oil film on ur engine components

    Btw keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got your reason too. But I think it should be alright to keep to grade 30. I have not much problem so far. Even my climate here is hot and humid but it wont be as hot as those in summer in four season country.
    Thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another alternative oil you should try is ENEOS 5W30 or 5W40 100% synthetic!
    It makes wonders compared to others and also the AMSOIL 5W30 and 10W40 are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There aren't any Eneos 5W30 (Full synthetic) in Malaysia and I dont keen on using grade 40 oil.
    Thanks for your info..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really??I thought ENEOS were selling their products all over the world.
    Then GO GO GO GO GO for AMSOIL if you can get buy it there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ENEOS does carry some product in Malaysia. But that grade of oil aren't.
    I will try amsoil if I could track down which shop to buy from.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi!

    I also own an HT81S, the JDM "Swift Sport" version and live in south america, where we have a warm and humid weather year-round.

    After trying out several brands and lines of products: Castrol Edge, Mobil1, Liqui Moly (full and semi synth) and Motul (300v and consumer line) my favorite and best oil (imo) is the Motul X-Lite 5w.30: smooth idle and revving through the whole range as well as the best mileage I could get (the max was 62km per gallon!!!). What's more it also endured some track day sessions and short trips during last summer's pretty hot weather. (Dakar's route!)

    Hope I helped you make a decision, you won't regret trying Motul out.

    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Care to share where in south america ?
    I will try Motul X-Lite if my wallet permits me.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. You shouldt also look at the API index of the oil. API-SM is the highest rated oil , currently

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the advice. I will keep that in view during my oil change next week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello again; I live in Peru, quite a warm weather throughout the whole year... don't know if it gets as hot as Malaysia though.

    Hope we can share some more tips on the HT81; i'm looking forward to make some improvements to the intake (currently a Monster replacement filter)

    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You can always refer to my previous post. Weather in Peru should be the same as Malaysia. Hot and humid all year round. Tropical climate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment