Rebuilt your engine or upgrade to a race engine ?

All this while, I been thinking of upgrading my car to be better and faster. How am I going to achieve that is by upgrading slowly my car starting from suspension, handling and finally engine. If you have followed by blog for some time, you should have notice that I had done my suspension and reinforcement. What being left is the engine, yes my next step will be doing something to my engine.
Original M15A for HT81S pump out 115ps and around 140 torque, but it just not enough. My dream will be a 8000 high rpm M15A, a high revving engine but doesn't changes the displacement of it to 1.8 or 1.9l.

However, today I found out something. Do I need to go to that extend in-order for me to achieve what I wish for ? Let me clarify, we all know that an engine will not last forever and the performance degrade by time. My car had done 240k km now and I feel it is a bit tired, that's the reason I wanted to do an upgrade. My question comes in if I just can do a rebuilt without spending that much of the money, can I achieve back the same performance that the engine gives out during it virgin days?
In a google search today, I read about a HT81S in Japan who go for a rebuilt engine and he's happy with the result he's getting.
Read more here :-
http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/16605/car/17139/4170910/parts.aspx
http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/16605/blog/23017320/

Who does he sent the engine to for a rebuilt ? The local Suzuki car dealer, Monster Proshop ? No. He send to a engine hospital in Japan, Links Japan "Engine Hospital", honestly I don't know much about this company but the company claim that they had done engine rebuilt for a wide range of car company. Cost ? I don't know about it either, but they are giving a 2 year/40,000km warranty (Not for racing purposes).
Links to Links Japan :-
http://www.links-jpn.com/
Links to HT81S rebuilt parts post in their blogspot :-
http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/742818/blog/22639549/

Now back to the question, which way should I go now ?

Comments

  1. Buy rev limiter , supercharge it . Change piston n rods . Use standard airbox n custom cold air intake it by re-routing the hose to suck cold air in from under the battery braket

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the idea. But I still prefer the Suzuki Sport open pod concept.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment