Moments with my HT81S

I think most of the owner of HT81S do agree with me that HT81S is a unique car. It does look like postman pat van, it looks like Myvi at the back and it is rather cute in a way (What my wife always said).

This time I would like to share my sweet moments and not the bad one. Something happened about 1-2 months when I got my car back in 2005. I am driving one day on my way to dinner together with my family (Consist of my father, mother, sister and my wife) and during a traffic jam, the driver and passenger of the car next to us gives us a thumb up after pointing to my car. My father is on the front seat and he is shock to received such a compliment.
My father actually do not agree to the purchase of this car simply because it is a 2 door car, in the same time Suzuki is launching the current swift (ZC) in my country and he wanted me to purchase that instead of HT81S.
By having this moment, my father never ever ask me why I choose HT81S anymore. That is priceless.

The other sweet moments just happened yesterday, I was out shopping with my wife and daughter at KLCC and we were heading back to my car in the car park, there we saw a Polo Gti park nearby with a lady standing beside it.
My wife and I was thinking why the car park there as there are many more empty spaces around, then suddenly a man run out of the car and started to ask me question about my car. When you bought it ? Where you bought it ? and the best one is do you wanna sell it ?
My spontaneous response was NO, in my mind I was thinking who is this person who wanted my car so much ? I tried to give him some other leads on where he can find HT81S on his own, I introduce a place in town that I remember selling a used one while I will try to hook him up with another owner who wanted to sell his car.
After waving goodbye and get hold of his busineess card, I was in a moment of shock with my wife. I never think that there are still follower of HT81S. My wife was saying, why don't you sell of your car and buy the new Swift (She knew that I am interested on the new Swift Sport ZC32S -6MT). But then my mind was thinking of how many hours and money I had spent on my HT81S during my past 6 years.
So I think I will keep my car for now and hope that more sweet moments will come in the future. Do you have something to share with me too ? Drop me a comments.
Cheers

Comments

  1. I have been in those situations too! but mine is because of the livery i used on the car back then, not because of the model of the car.

    Ignis is a special car. When I see it, i always try to get the driver to notice me and give him a thumbs up too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do give me a honk if you bump into me next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DONT GIVE UP! I am not! SO CANT YOU! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment