Oil Cooler

I always wanted to add something to cool down my engine after a series of problem with engine overheating with bad piping and coolant leaking in my engine due to bad workmanship.
Oil cooler is one option that I always wish to install to my engine, and I had look into where the radiator should be located and where the piping should go.


Luckily, one of my frens "Ahmiaoz" had recently point me to an auction item in yahoo auction on a set of used oil cooler kit being auction at a starting price of JPY23,000. A bit too expensive for a used set after including all the extra bills to import it into Malaysia. However the attached picture included in the auction give me some idea on where to install the radiator and the piping should go. The attached picture is not from my car and I just download it to share with all. The kit actually have some additional adapter that it to be bolted on the body in front of the radiator.
I think it is actually nice and a secure location to put it, just the oil cooler's radiator is but on a different angle.

The picture above show the entire kit that is being sold in the auction, including the radiator, the adapter and piping. If the seller will lower the price I may consider this for my year end shopping item.

If you have picture of installed oil cooler in your Ignis Sport/Swift Sport, please share with me.
Cheers.

The link to the item is as below :-
http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f98611731

Thanks ahmiaoz for the info & links.

Comments

  1. Hi Chill, i think the kit is complete already, all you need is a custom bracket to mount the cooler at the front body and ready to go. Please let me know soon how is the result ya, as i am also living in HOT Malaysia... :P

    PS: Racingtech

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't bid for the item, so I won't know the result. Still undecided to install the oil cooler in my car now.
    Hopefully when I see something interest me in the future, maybe i will install it.
    I definitely will share the result to you, dont worry about it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment