Exedy clutch and clutch cover

I had received an email from an Ignis Owner from Singapore inquire about what clutch am I using now.
Just to share with all the swift/ignis sport owner here, I will explain in details the clutch I am using now and the information I know about it.
I had bought from the local dealer and importer of exedy clutches in Malaysia, its a special order from them to bring this set of clutch and clutch cover.

This is the following item I bought from them :-
Type : Exedy Single Sport Series
1. Clutch cover : SC12T : (Enhance to take 5100N crimp Force)


2. Ultra Fiber Clutch : SD12H : ( Same design as organic type but with 6 spring instead of 4)


3. S Metal Clutch : SD12T : ( racing clutch design)

Why I choose this ?
Its much cheaper than suzuki sport products and the dealer only take some deposit before ordering for me. I dont need to pay full (other item I need to pay full when I buy from this country), until the item arrive here. The price quoted are reasonable.

What I had installed currently ?
Ultra Fiber Clutch and clutch cover plus new release bearing (very important to change this), The 3 piece design S Metal Clutch will be install later once I got myself a secondary car to use. This car still is my main transport mode.
The manager/owner of the exedy dealer advice that if I install the ultra fiber clutch with the clutch cover now (clutch cover) can be used until the new changes to S Metal Clutch. He also told me that Ultra Fiber Clutch is not be used for drag or stop and go racing on regular basis.

Feeling after changing this ?
Heavier clutch but less clutch slip. The car will feel better in acceleration in stop and go position.
This further compliment the lightened flywheel I had install earlier. Pickup feel is more accurate. Not much hesitation on when the car will go.

Shortcoming or setback ?
The engine will tend to hunger for fuel if clutch is not release properly.
A bit heavy on clutch pressure and bad for traffic jams
Engine vibration can be felt more on the clutch

Links to japan website on the single sport series :-
http://www.exedy-racing.com/pro/single_sports.html

Links to google translate for clutch and pressure plate for ignis/swift sport :
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.exedy-racing.com%2Fpro%2Ffittingrist%2Fsuzuki%2Fsuift_n.html&sl=ja&tl=en

P/S : Clutch and pressure plate size for Ignis/Swift Sport (HT or HV) is smaller is diameter compare to new Swift Sport, so take note on that, it doesn't fit directly if you are planning for AT to MT conversion.

Comments