Triple Din Meter by Lamco - Part 2

In part 2 of the installation of Lamco triple Din Meter, I try to install the meter myself at home during the weekend and unfortunately, I didn't manage to fully install all the connector. I had difficulties finding the connector to the power source. Anyway, I just manage to install it into the DIN without any of the meter actually functioning, more of a display rather than providing important parameter of the engine to me. A bit sad in this case and really disappointing.
Herewith the picture of the installation for your reference :-


This is the DIN holder that I extracted from the dashboard, rather straight forward job. You just need to pull the center piece up and it will pop up from the dashboard, unscrew some screws and you can take the whole DIN holder out. Note this only applied to JDM model. Ignis sport have different dashboard design.

This is the triple DIN meter that I need to install, gotta put some screws on the front plate and connect to the side plate only can install to the DIN holder.

I choose to install the triple DIN meter on the lower portion as I prefer it low. My Kenwood cd receiver on the upper portion, I DIY the installation of the Kenwood too a few years back. As I haven't start to blog or take picture previously, no reference can be made. If you need help on which wire to connect to, I can help you identify the wire code.

After I open up the center console area, I try to find the connector that have 7 pin on the lower and 2 pin on each side of the upper portion of the connector. After spent 3 hours on looking inside the dashboard area for the item, I finally give up and call it a day.

A picture on the internal wiring and position of each connector for the air conditioning controller.

I try to find the suitable connector at the steering rack area too, but just have no luck..

I try to see whether the connector fit to the meter area too, but no such connector to be found.
Finally, after spending the whole evening and afternoon, I just gave up and install the Lamco triple DIN meter without any connection the the sensor or power supply. Very sad day, but after sitting down on the driver seat and look at this , DAMN it does look good..

Comments