Brake brake brake - PADs

I know many of HT81S or HV81S owner is in time to change their brake pad after a few years of ownership and many would like to think any aftermarket parts that fit the original caliper.
For the front you can use brake pad for Daihatsu YRV and the rear Mazda RX-8

I still prefer the original supplied brake pad in blue colour, it actually last quite well with a lot of abuse done to it. I change mine approx after 100k. It does get thin and I need to top up quite a lot of brake fluid. I change my brake pad, brake hose and flush the entire system in one go. A good feeling after that.
I uses original brake pad in blue for front and rear, suzuki sport brake hose and bosch dot 4 for the flushing and replacement.

Original front brake pad package in whole box :-

Original back brake pad in whole box:-

You can actually notice that the brake pad comes with all the necessary bit and pieces to replace on the calliper itself. All this will stick to the calliper using the attached double sided tape shown in red.

Suzukisport brake hose for HT81S :-

If you want aftermarket brake pads, can choose EBC, suzukisport or any other that produce pads for YRV and RX-8. I got bought a EBC green as a spare and i still prefer the original one.

Before i forget these is the parts number for the brake pad:-

Original equipment :-
Front : 55810-60J10
Rear : 55800-60J10

Project Mu (Bestop) :-
Front : F889
Rear : R833

EBC (Green) :-
Front : DP 21344
Rear : DP 21691

Suzukisport brake hose kit :-
470561 - 4350

Comments

  1. bro, i really enjoy ur blog...i think you have been really good at covering your modifying journey for the ignis sport...

    i myself driving ZC31S...

    just one question, where do you get those suzuki sport items ? just dont tell me its from eneos one utama or nengun.com ...hahah....i really would like to know !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry bro, its a late reply to your question. I am new to blog and dont know that there is some comments from the public..
    I got my stuffs direct from japan, suzukisport company. I got some luck to know someone working there but the price is steep for the item and delivery.
    Not eneos..

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahhaha...thanks for the reply....i myself have compared prices between direct import frm suzukisport or nengun...i find that nengun is more cheaper, but not so much, but still cheaper...

    looks like ure damn serious abt ur car...all the mods are from suzuki sport...

    envious dude !
    hey bro, why dont join our club klswifter during tt ? im so damn interested to check out your ride ! then maybe you can compare with our swift sport ! hahhaha....just drop me your number at my email; millincoll@yahoo.com..name is fadli by the way !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never try nengun before but I will try in the future. I dont mind paying for the original price but what I worry is clearance on custom here in malaysia. Not good experience before, so just see what else to get.
    I know someone from klswifter but I forget his name. I try to come to tt next time. Drop me an email at chillies101@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok bro, no worries, next time got tt, ill email you !

    abt that nengun thingy, they actually give out the invoice, so you can change the value for ur stuff...one guy did it...but jgnlah tipu banyak...abit ok ! hahhaha..cos u cant claim a shining new exhaust for rm 300 right ? hahha

    ok bro, catch u later !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come to the Ignis Sport forum! Do you know SISOC ?

    How much did you pay for those pads? I have ones from valeo... not bad..they costet 59€ (front only)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know about sisoc. If you notice on my sidebar on the right. I got put up a link for sisoc.
    I paid approx sixty pound for the front pad and cost about the same for the rear. Both OEM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found a pair of rear stock in portugal,the blue ones are specific for iSport only correct? Will buy ebc yellow for fronts..Ignis going strong needs to stop...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blue colour pad are specific for Ignis Sport. Normal Ignis or Swift will have it in black.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment