Squeak sound source

I think most of the owner here share the same problem with me, squeaking sound all around the car. Soundproofing is not the forte of HT81s and it was never intended to do so in the first place. The car was design to be light and fast. After many try and error, I would like to share some of the spot where annoying sound may come from.
These places are the source of all these sound in my car.

One of the spot is the safety belt holder, once you put the hook in then you might have sound when pushing against the seat. So the solution is to push it back to the direction of the arrow.

The second place where sound might come out is when you push on the clutch, the sound will come from the place indicated on the picture and it will only happened if there is no lubrication on that part. Especially when you had change to a new clutch cable. Solution is to apply some grease or WD40 on that location.

However one more annoying sound that I still can't sort out is the passanger seat rattling sound. If you have any idea just share with me.

:)

Comments

  1. Passenger seat rattling sound! I am also very annoyed by this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had the seat rattle in my ht81s in australia and i have removed and refitted the seat a few time for stereo wiring and carpet cleaning. the rattle has since stopped. i didnt do anything to the seat i think its a alinement issue. you could try it?
    cheers Rowan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the advice. I will try that next time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment