Clutch cable

Have you ever heard of stories that the clutch cable snap during operation on some of the Ignis Sport ? I had heard about it few years back from a forum in Singapore and I have phobia about this happen to me. I wish it never happen to me and I am very sensitive about the clutch everyday while I am using my car.
Personally, I had change my clutch cable 2 times during my entire ownership of the car and I am planning to change for the 3rd time soon. Recently the clutch have behave strangely and I worry the clutch cable is rubbing against the internal rubber coating. Maybe after changing my clutch to a more heavy clutch resulting an increase of tension on the clutch cable during operation.
Anyway, just to share with you the parts number for the original clutch cable is 23710-60J20.

Comments

  1. Did the clutch feel any different when you changed the cable? Softer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wont be feeling softer. Instead smoother. Soft or hard mostly depends on the clutch and pressure plate condition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just changed my clutch, release bearing and pilot bearing but left the old pressure plate. The clutch is still pretty heavy compared to other ignis sports. Wondering if it could have been the cable since i have never replaced it since owning the car

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it cost little to change the clutch cable and can be done easily. Just change it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My clutch is very heavy / stiff. I'm not sure if its a performance clutch or not, my Ignis Sport has done 73,000 miles and I believe it has never been changed. Do you think the whole clutch needs replacing or should I just try the cable first? Or possibly do them both at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can try to replace the cable first. If the heavy clutch still there, then its better to change your clutch, pressure plate and clutch release bearing. Sometimes the clutch release bearings are dirty and it make the clutch heavy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment