M18 Engine found on a HT81S

I was browsing the internet and found a blog showing an owner of a HT81S actually installed a M18 kit engine to his ride. I think I had highlighted before in my blog that there is a kit by Monster Sport to upgrade our engine to 1.8l, however what is different this time is this engine is actually being upgraded by monster sport itself with a serial number attached to the engine. Please refer to the picture below.

Both of the above picture was taken from a blog that is very simple and the owner of this car actually didn't post much of the mod done on his ride. Only a few post and most interesting item that catch my eye is the engine. So from what I observed on this picture above, what had been done on the engine bay is as below :-

1. Complete rebuild and upgraded M15 to M18 engine. Should include the m18 kit, cam, upgraded valve springs and oil pan, red colour engine cover, monster sport engine oil cover and monster sport plug cover.
2. Carbon fiber air duct and PFX open pod air intake kit
3. Cusco oil catch tank

The engine should be producing around 158ps /6500 rpm and 20.5kg/m at 4200 rpm

Why I am so attracted to this is because this is the first time I saw picture of monster tuned engine picture other than the demo car shown by Monster sport. This is interesting as I never think that many owner will still put money to modified HT81S while the latest ZC is much more tempting to be bought and mod.

The link to the blog of this car is as below :-
http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/133452/car/29557/3116785/parts.aspx

http://wangan.dtiblog.com/

Enjoy..

Comments

  1. that is sooo sweet!! it most be an real pocket-rocket an wery underestimatet car in others mind.
    150+ hk ijn a car thats only 900 kg heavy

    BTW i found this link with some nicee mods and engine tweeks!

    http://www.nengun.com/suzuki/ignis-sport-ht81s

    ReplyDelete
  2. My car in SGP is M18.5 (1854cc)... done up by DKC... you interested? it is cheaper than japan Monster sport. and the engine have been in my car for 1 yr already. i am running 136 BHP on the wheels.

    if you are interested, can drop me an email. acetan47@hotmail.com

    Ace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the offer. I am currently not in the plan to upgrade the engine. I am still thinking of going purely M15A without upgrade the CC.
    Troel : I would love to have a drive on that car. 150hp on a 900kg car, I think should be able to shave 1-1.5 seconds on the 0-100 sprint..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment