Monster Sport Engine Displacement Kit M15 to M18



Its been a while since I last post and I made a lot of promises to upload photo which is not been able to achieve because of I am busy with my work lately and seldom have time to online.
However I stumble upon this news in a SISOC forum lately and it is worth to squeeze some of my time to report this.
I am very happy that Monster Sport still come out with the product for my HT81S. I thought that already forget that this model exist.
To make the matter short, in September or this month will come out a new product for HT81S which is seems to changes some of the internal part of our engine M15A and upsize it into a M18A.
Engine displacement changes from 1490 to 1770 as claim in their website.

Website link is as below :-
http://www.monster-sport.com/s_news/09/0817_ht81s_m18/index.html


From the picture above, the kit include a new gasket, piston, piston ring and a few nuts and bolts. I not sure the part of the tall cylinder meant for. But for this price (JPY168,000). I feel its worth it. I would expect the horsepower to be in the region of 145-150ps.
Not much gain about 30ps, but you can cut down on the 0-100km/h sprint.

The thing that worry me most is the compression ratio 12.2 compare to 11.1 in the original engine. I hope they will come out with a new racing ecu to compensate this and to control the ignition and timing.

With that, it will be a perfect marriage for HT81S and it wont lose out the newer version Zc31S and will bring back the not so famous HT81S back into the racing world.

I will keep you updated on this and I am looking forward to put this into my 3 year project. I am short of fund now.
Cheers ..

Comments

  1. i don't think they "thought" of the HT81S or developed it specifically for it... more likely they were doing it for the ZC21 and it's a by-the-way thing, since both cars use the M15A block... but it'll be an interesting mod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one more thing, 12.2:1 static ratio is ok - as long as you have a piggyback ECU. if not, you can try water injection to reduce pre-detonation.

    anyway, the HT81 is still quicker (acceleration) than the ZC31, but not necessarily faster (top speed)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for both your comments bro. I agree on your first comments but many parts that ZC21 and HT81S share so it is most likely both can change or swap parts without any problem. I never try piggyback ECU before thats why I am hoping monsters sport come out an ECU specifically for HT81S to counter the pre-detonation and fuel rating I am suffering here in Malaysia. We only have 97 and 95 grade only.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 97 RON should be good enough.

    anything from Monster sports will be expensive. remember that it's a Japanese company so most of its "ready-tune" ECU are meant for 100-105 RON fuel.

    the thing about ECU tuning is that you'll need to do it with local conditions (weather, fuel quality/type, atmospheric pressure, humidity, individual modifications)

    so the best would be to go with a Piggyback. afterall, anything that Monster will produce will be a piggy back option. it'll not be a smart ECU system that will cure your pre-det issue. Anyway, all cars will experience pre-det. that's what the knock sensor is for. it detects pinging and pulls back the timing slightly. of course it can only pull back so much.

    There are many popular brands that can be tuned by M'sia local tuners - Greddy E-manage Blue or Ultimate, Unichip Q, Perfect Power SMT6.

    E-manage and Perfect Power allows you to control timing as well. what you need for lower grade fuel is to pull/retard timing.

    i hope this gives you a better understanding to make your decision to get an ECU.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your detail explanation of the ECU thingy.
    I also had been advice by my good friend to do a piggyback ecu for my car to gain more performance.
    However this item mod still in very early stage of research. I will try to get some time off work during end of the year to concentrate on this mod. I need to read more about this item before doing any mod.
    I will share whatever information i can grab about this ECU thingy and post it in this blog in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi to everybody
    i have an ignis sport too 1500
    i cant understand where excacly i can found all these things
    is someone here to help me?
    please contact to zaxsavo@mail.gr
    i hope you will help me to make my ignis monster
    i want to do it!!!!!!!!
    please answer thanks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please see my updated blog post for more information.
    The kit is already out on 1st of October

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment