OBD Port Location in HT81S

OBD Port or we can also called it On-Board Diagnostic Port is a feature on all of the modern vehicle for troubleshooting and diagnostic exercise. It is a very useful item and luckily my car have one and some of the owner might not know where this port is located.
So I decided to snap some photos on where this port is located on my HT81S and as a reference to all owner out there.
Normally this port is used by the technicians during routine service maintenance to download all the codes that is logged during the usage of the cars and to pin point the problem (if got) to help them during repairs but now some aftermarkets parts manufacturer had utilize this port to show the engine and car parameter in real time.
I had been using the Blitz R-Vit to show my car cooling system temperature as I had discover that my car didn't come with a water temperature gauge. This display does help me once when my car overheat over a leaking water pipe.
So, if you are looking for simple and easy car parameter display, you can always try hook up a Blitz R-Vit or Greddy Informeter to this OBD port and you can browse most of the car parameter in real time.

Links to my previous post about Blitz R-Vit and Greddy Informeter
http://ht81s.blogspot.com/2008/12/blitz-r-vit-obd-display.html

Comments

Post a Comment