RRP Titanium Engine Cover

Recently I bought a used RRP Titanium Engine Cover for ZC (Swift) from a Singapore swifter which is dekiting. Thanks a lot to Ahmioz for helping me to collect and pay as I were outstation.
The plate design is very simple by R's Racing that is titanium coloured (the colour on the plate itself is painted on and its not purpleish as normal titanium) If used in ZC engine bay it is more to be cosmetic purposes for open pod setup.
Links to R's Racing Service website showing the selling titanium plate :-
http://www.rsrs.jp/en/engine/cover.html
Cost : JPY 12,600
Material : Titanium

So in my case, since I am using a modded open pod kit, so I try to fit it as a heat shield for my filter from the intake manifold area.
I fitted it above the manifold area and secure it with 2 cable tie to the fuel rail. Then my open pod will be above it, and I hope it will be able to block off some hot air from below.
After that, I install my recently bought Suzuki Sport Air Funnel to it. Installing this takes me a lot of time as I need to take off my strut bar as it is really blocking my way to install the titanium plate and removing the old air funnel.
A note to remember before DIY this thing is to have all the tools readily available, I spend a lot of time running into my store to grab tools required to do a certain task.
Ok, now this is the completed installed after 1-2 hours of work. It is really good having some real carbon fibre parts on the engine bay, looks nice and shinny. Not the same as my previous replica air funnel which is matted finished.

You can read back my open pod setup at the links below :-
http://ht81s.blogspot.com/2009/06/third-party-open-pod-filter-and-air_23.html

Comments

  1. And a propper cleaning in the engine-room/air-filter will do wonders with that titanium cover hehehe not that my iggy is any more clean than yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to wipe the engine bay once a while, mostly using soapy water and dried it as much as possible. Don't dare to use a lot of chemical spray to clean it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment