Third party open pod filter and air funnel - Part 2

Over the weekend, I had some spare time so I again venture into the world of mod for my ht81s. I try to install the open pod filter and air funnel which I bought previously into my ride. I think I had a good chance to install it and have a test run. Should be a pretty straight forward job.

The picture of the engine bay before anything done to it.

The picture after the filter and air resonance box taken out.

The picture showing the intake manifold with the filter box out of the engine

Soon after taken all the thing out of the engine bay, now is the time to install the air funnel and open pod filter. Installation is quite easy and the parts mostly screw in and just need to tighten here and there.

During the installation of air funnel box, there is parts need to be moved to make way for the air to channel smoothly to the air box, the air cond pipe is blocking the entrance of the air funnel and so gotta move it out by unscrew the holder beside the radiator and move the pipe downwards. Now still unable to properly secure the pipe as the screw is not long enough. Maybe will find a way to get a longer screw to screw it in place this weekend.


Taddaaa... the picture of the complete assembly. Nice and look cool. It doesnt look as nice as suzukisport one, but it near and almost there. If I got extra fund, i will get the original air filter assembly from suzuki sport. That will be the next item in my wishlist this year.

Comments

  1. Hey

    I have just made an simmilar cold feed to my iggy. but i was wondering if u have had any problems with water! i have removed the black air restricter in the front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I not sure I have problem with water. I know the water actually sips to the air filter if I drive fast in rain. I had done some miles with this setup and it doesnt give me a any problem. Touch wood...
    The problem is heat, when idling my temp shoot up very fast but it get cold fast too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the fast answer!

    but still i think in heavy rain its not good for the engine! but then again i havent heard about any iggy/swift owners with that problem.

    Is it just me, ore is there a litle power gain in the cold air intake/pod setup? (I can see my pod filter from the front grill if sitting on hook)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same too bro, if heavy rain it will be bad for the engine. However I think if the filter is oil type. There should be any problem.
    Power gain from open pod, YES!
    The negatives, sound a bit too loud...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh have u remembered to reset the ecu when u installed the pod filter? if not all u have to do, is take 1 of the poles(+ -) off the batteri and turn the ignition while u thred on the brakes on 30 sec. this willzappp the power from the ECU.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What u mean by thred the brakes ??
    Pump the brake is it ???
    Where you get this guide from ??

    ReplyDelete
  7. no hold the brake down for 30 sec while having the ignition turned on!
    I have the info on some Danish website/forum fore Suzuki

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey, I´m a follower of your blog, do you want to sell me the plastic air funnel shown here? I say this because I saw you bought a fiberglass one...

    ugo

    please reply to : hugodiasmendes@sapo.pt

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am planning to sell off this air funnel. Its made by fiberglass and the new funnel I bought is made by carbon fiber.
    You offer me the price, just for your info. I stay in Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please send me an email : hugodiasmendes@sapo.pt

    If you cold try to know how much it would cost the shipment to portugal... maybe its too expensive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment