Oil Oil Everywhere

As your car ages, there might be some leak here and there. My car experience some oil leak previously. In my last post back in August 2012, I found a oil leak from the PCV valve and I did a DIY and solve the problem. However now my engine bay have 2 more oil leak spot which is the VVT controller and the camshaft sensor location.
 Cam shaft sensor which come together with the oil seals. Parts number 33220-50G02
 VVT controler 16550-69GE3, in the same time I also changed the VVT controller gasket.

Based on the input by the spare part shop, the gasket for VVT controller are sold separately but since I am going to change all this, I decide to change the controller in the same time. It does cost some big bucks but I am happy that the result of this changes does give better engine response. Maybe the VVT controller are jam and dirty with bad oil after the engine runs for almost 300k

I didnt manage to snap some photo before I done this repair so I cant show you the seriousness of the oil leak but I glad that I done it. I just can't feel good with a dirty engine bay.

All the parts are manufacture from Japan.


Links to my previous post in August 2012 for the PCV valve :-
http://ht81s.blogspot.com/2012/08/diy-pcv-valve.html

Comments

  1. Hello there, may I know how much you paid for the VVT controller if you don't mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant remember the price. Around 200 to 300 (RM)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bro. Noticed that your post was in 2013 - it could very well be RM 300 - 400 now with the state of our RM lol. Always nice to see you maintaining and documenting your HT81S so well - keep it up!

      Delete
  3. Just give the local spare part shop a call. Sen Hui sentul is the best in town (KL).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, just got it from them earlier today. They are going for RM330 a pop now. RM 18 for the gasket/ seal FYI.

      Delete

Post a Comment