DIY PCV Valve


Do you notice that your engine bay are not properly clean and sparkle even you clean it up now and then ? Plus you will find engine oil around the manifold and gearbox area plus the right hand side of your engine ?
My car suffer from that and I wonder where this oil come from, luckily during my last week holiday I managed to find the caused for this problem.
The culprit lies on the failure of PCV valve rubber seals. I won't be explaining in details about this part, you can always google it yourself. Rubber seals always fail upon usage over certain time and this rubber seals had harden and leak out engine oil into my engine bay.
I quickly get my parts catalogue and get myself the parts as below :
 Upon purchase of the PCV valve, by instinct I swing it a bit and could head some metal and spring sound inside of it. I suspect the design and the construction of the valve itself will create that sound when I do that. 
 Cost me RM45.00 for the valve and RM12.00 for the rubber seal from my favourite spare part shop (Sen Hui Auto).
Parts number for PCV Valve is 18118-54D00 while for the rubber seal is 11198-58B00 based on my parts catalogue.

Location of the PCV valve is at the top right hand corner of the engine if you are facing the car directly at the front. It is easy to spot and just need a small pryer and flat head screw driver to do the job. I had installed a carbon box on top of the engine bay so I need to take that out before I can access to it.

Above is the photo of the replace PCV valve with the used PCV valve. It is dirty and I not sure whether it is still workable or usable but since I change the rubber seals, it better to change this all together.

* Achtung !! The rubber seals on my car had harden and it is very difficult to take out, hence I would recommend to be extra caution when pulling it out. I had a bad experience yesterday as the rubber seals falls into the engine cover and I need to break it apart before pulling bit and pieces out of it.

Comments

  1. could you please tell me where did u order your PCV. my PCV has 54D0 9H5 on it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I order via local parts shop which is stated in my post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment