Michelin Pilot Sport 3 on board now

The above photo is the old set of tire replaced now with the new Michelin Pilot Sport 3 now. Since I just change my front C.V. joint so I take this opportunity to change the tire as well. The last time that I change my tire was back in June 2009. So this tire serve me well for 2 years.

As you all know, original HT81S come equip with Yokohama Advan A043 and it is a very good tire (dry), a bit weak in the wet. This is my 4 sets of tire during my entire ownership of HT81S. It started with Advan A043 to Good Year NCT5 to Michelin PP2 and now Michelin PS3.


For those looking for comfort, NCT5 is the best and then it will be PP2 to PS3 to A043. Dry grip is the best A043, PP2 and NCT5. Wet is PS3, PP2, A043 NCT5. I yet to try PS3 in dry condition as its been raining this week. PS3 is really good in the wet, good braking feeling and cornering experience, a suitable choice for wet season. I had try running at 120 in the wet condition and while in corner it still give a good confidence level. Now I can brake later in corner too.

Total cost is at RM1k for 4 including alignment and balancing. A bit on the high side as during 2009 I was quoted with RM250 each for T1R but was cancel due now enough stock and waited for 2 months.

You can find more information about PS3 in Michelin website.

Comments