Custom exhaust heat shield

Nothing beats the satisfaction of creating and making something unique for yourself. I always love to customised parts for my car and it does make me proud everytime. This time I would love to share with you something interesting done by a owner which is a custom exhaust manifold cover. 
It does look great and old school. I wonder what material he uses to make it. You need to take note that this doesn't fit car with air-cond condenser as it does take up the space of the condenser on the original setup of the car.
 The angle of the custom manifold is interesting too. I love the colour and the texture of the material.
Picture taken from facebook and credits to the owner. Great job and keep it up.

Comments

  1. The cover is not quite to my taste. It seems a bit crude.

    The material used is patterned sheet metal (looks like a 7GM pattern). We use it at our company too.

    Look here for other patterns:
    http://www.rimexmetals.com/en/products-patterned-finishes.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info. The cover is a bit crude, agree. But great effort !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a turbo manifold which is why the custom heat shield was made. I like the square box look, matches the car maybe 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job there. If for turbo... the turbo is a bit small izzit ?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment