Why it is so noisy ?

It is almost 3 weeks since I get back my car for the run-in period for my newly overhaul engine. In the same time, I had dig out my previously bought titanium exhaust, repaired and installed into the car.
Old post : http://ht81s.blogspot.com/2010/06/used-exhaust-from-yahoo-auction.html

The first thing my wife asked on the first time I started the engine on the morning is "Why it is so noisy ?"

The answer I gave was "I installed the titanium exhaust". "The one previously in the store".

Even my mum asked the same question and I just give my mum a grin.

Anyway, even I can't stand the noise sometimes during this 3 weeks, hence I decided to bought a silencer and try to reduce the sound of the exhaust. I emailed Monster Sport a few times and finally got a replied. They had changed the product code and the silencer was ordered and installed.


The photo above show the silencer that was bought, it come in a small package and it is basically a cone shaped metal with a strip of sticker together. I not sure what that sticker for, maybe for air tightness upon installation.

Here are some photo of the "silenced" exhaust look like, does it work ? Yeah a bit maybe around 10%.
10% is better than none, but my wife feel no different. I had give it a try the other morning and my wife didn't notice the difference. She just say "My ears had used to the noise".
Does this mean I can remove it to enjoy the sound again?

Parts number :248510-4350 or 8FCE60 (Same parts fit to ZC31S titanium exhaust)
Price : JPY 5,800

Links to Suzuki Sport page for Ti-R titanium exhaust :-
http://www.suzukisport-racing.com/english/sales/ignissport/product/ti-r_muff/

Comments

  1. damn, that muffler looks badass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not just a muffler, its a titanium muffler! :p

    Any plans to buy the cf tow hook cover?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No more stock for the cover.. Let me know where to buy one..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment