Engine Rebuilding Process

Here I would like to share some photos of my engine during the process of rebuilding. The above photo shows the engine after coming back from machine shop after some minor grinding on the top of engine block. This is after intensive cleaning using chemical on the entire engine.
Next after a few days, the mechanic successfully install the cam, pistons, cylinder head, timing chain!, valve etc..
One thing that I enjoy during this entire overhaul process is the chance to really learn about the engine. It is seldom that for me to expose to the entire engine upon separation completely. Hence by buying my own spare parts from the supplier, I learn what, where and how each part works. Especially the sensor name, valve sizes, cam setting bla bla bla.

It is a bit tired sometimes as I would received call from the workshop telling me of a parts required to be replaced and I need to rush to the supplier to get the parts and send to the workshop in order not delay the rebuilding process. Anyway, it is quite an experience that I will treasure for many years to come especially when I drive my HT81S.

Cheers

Comments

  1. Would like to make correction, your car using timing chain, not timing belt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I see a closed deck head (original m15 is open deck... you have bigger cylinders now?) And Tomei exhaust cams.... fun?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment