Engine Disassemble, what's next ?

Some time ago, I would like to know what happened inside the my HT81S engine after so many years of punishment and exercise. Now I got a chance to see everything after the engine disassemble. First, my mechanics had identify the problem of my car overheat being a bad gasket or a leak near the cylinder wall of one of the piston.
Next after taking everything apart, it is clear that the engine internal are badly covered with carbon deposits. I thought that by using a best quality of fuel in the country will prevent all these but I was proven wrong. I had used only V-Power and V-Power Racing fuel during the entire ownership of my car but carbon deposit still form at the engine upper block and the pistons. Maybe V-Power might not enough to deter the ping and to comply to the high compression requirement.
The other parts of the engine looks alright based on the colour of the parts being coated with engine oil. More can be seen after the engine oil cleaned from the engine parts. Most probably there won't be much problem with engine block for the next step in this overhaul process.

The cylinder head (piston head) are covered with carbon as can be seen in the picture below and the interesting part is only 2 of the valve are covered with carbon while the other 2 valve are clean. Why ? I think I will ask my mechanic during the visit next week.
I think thats all for now and next time I will share what parts are require during the overhaul process.

Comments