Oil Temperature Sensor

Finally after a long time, I had decided to install the oil temperature sensor for my DIN gauge into my oil pan. This sensor come with the DIN gauge kit and previously I decided to install this to a oil filter adapter and not to the oil drain plug location. However after some thinking, I decided to install the sensor and my oil temperature gauge can give me some reading.
I am very happy that the mechanics done this for me as I have no proper tools to do it at home. After using it for a week, no oil leaks and the reading from the gauge give me an average of 80-90 degree c. If I am having some high speed or stuck in jam, it gives an above 90 reading.
One thing that I notice is the oil temperature drop more quickly than the water temperature after shutting down the engine for a while. I not sure whether it is the sensor problem or it is that way.
Hope someone out there can give some advice over this.
The picture above shows the new location of the oil temperature sensor at the oil drain plug.

Comments

  1. How come you didn't use an oil filter plate adaptor for the sensor!?!
    As for the reading i get the same thing on my oil temp meter as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I planned to use a oil filter adaptor but since I yet to found a suitable one so I decided to use this method for the time being. My heart wanted to modify my car since its been a long time I didn't add any new mod to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can use any universal oil plate adapter with size 3/4 16UNF and for some extra help you can use a Swift ZC adapter or you could even use a Toyota Supra RZ one!!I use the RZ on my car =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the advice. I will try to source an adapter soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment