Suzuki M series engine plug cover

I had fancied some engine cover for sometime ago and until now I still cant decide on which one should I buy for my HT81S engine.
I still using the original cover from suzuki and it does age a lot and it started to turn grayish and it doesn't look nice.
I had try to clean it a bit but it still doesn't look good.

Now I'm looking to change it to an aftermarket cover. But I am spoil with choices. Which one should I choose ? Should I go for polypropylene type or full carbon type. I am blur...
I had found some brand coming out with their own plug cover for suzuki M series engine as below :-
1. Suzuki Sport - Made in Japan - polypropylene - JPY 9,000

http://www.suzukisport-racing.com/ss_racing/plugcover/index.html

2. Monster Sport - Made in Japan - polypropylene - JPY 9,450


http://www.monster-sport.com/product/parts/accessory/plug_cover/index.html#M

3. RRP (R's) - Made in Japan - Full Carbon - JPY 18,900


http://www.rsrs.jp/en/body/plugcover.html

4. DM Carbon Ltd - Made in England - Full Carbon - £70.00


http://dmcarbonltd.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&product_id=324&flypage=flypage.tpl&pop=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=34&4b0b9ff3b60cf667efc8fb45da3d5dfa=1470179f57eeed5d5ff94219d88ebbe8&vmcchk=1&Itemid=34

There are a few more not listed in the internet that offer plug cover for M series engine. I will update this later. So now the price does cost double for those made from carbon, does that justify for the price ? I don't know. But an original carbon does feel better than carbon effect parts. HT81S does have some carbon fiber effect part in the dashboard that make it feel more racy but I end up feeling cheap.
Personally I feel the R's racing parts does look good and neat, but it miss out on the DOHC wording and come with a "R" on it. DM carbon are a clean one and it is slightly bigger (wider) in size towards the end of the coil.
So which one to choose, more money or less money to be spend .... maybe I just end up buying a second hand plug cover in the end. Anyway, my engine won't feel any different if I buy this. Merely cosmetic purposes only.

Comments

  1. nr 1 and nr 2 is loking the best i think! i wouldt personally go fore nr 1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree on that part. The DOHC wording with the decal does make it stand out.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello i was wondering if the lenght of the air intake pipe wouldt have an effect on the lower rpm torque (NM) ore an shorter one is the one that is diseriable? i have a pod filter like yours but without the cold air.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont know the effect of the length of air intake pipe on torque. But I know if you dont have cold air feed to open pod. It will seriously lower your performance. And you intake manifold and TB will heat up very easily.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment