My dream engine - NA tune!


NA!
7800rpm - 8000rpm range
145ps around 7000rpm
16.7kgm around 5000 rpm

Hmm.....that is some nice numbers. A proper spec for M16A. But please, M16A standard only have 125ps. A far cry from this number! A sad one too.

I would love to have high rpm engine. Although this is only good to 7800rpm but it does better job than my 6500rpm engine. Yeah it does allow me sometimes to rev to 7000 but it only let you reach 7000rpm but the power isn't there. So this engine does the trick.

I only manage to get the graph in monster sport website and the spec is given on the website.
Website as below :-
http://www.monster-sport.com/shop/complete_car/nx16/index.html

This engine is fitted for the special edition swift sport tuned by monster sport with a nickname NX16, also this car have a twin sibling name SC16 but with different personality. A NA Boy and a Supercharged Boy!

Back to the engine, what make it rev and deliver the punches like this.

First, the internal pistol etc is changed, the cam have to change, intake and exhaust also need to upgrade. That means a lot of works to be done to get this result. Yup! and it cost a lot too.
But what I like about this is the higher rpm of the engine. The curve of the dyno show the power deliver quite smooth and the medium rpm torque does give good response.


The compression is lower a bit to 10.8 from 11.1 originally. That means I still can tweak the gasket a bit with a thinner one and get some more power from this. Maybe about 5-8ps ?
Just dreaming.

Anyway, if anyone wanna sell this, please let me know or planning to have one install in their ride. Please let me know too.
I still have many question about this engine and wanna share this information with everyone now. I wish can have a test run on this engine and feel the response and power curve of the engine.

Till next time, cheers.

Comments

  1. Hi stumble across your blog while googling
    My project might interest
    Diff ride thro
    Nevertheless it's M15A
    On the progress of blue printing

    http://zc21s.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog. You have an impresive blog too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment