Vacuum Meter tapping point

During the installation of my new open pod filter, I also took some time to sort out how to install and tap the vacuum hose from the engine bay to my DIN meter. I scout around the internet and to my vail I cant find anything which is usefull and detail enough for my mind and brain to understand.

However, I remember reading some post in the suzukisport website on where to tap for the NA Vacuum meter, the picture of the post and website is as below :-

http://www.suzukisport-racing.com/faq/faq_meter.html

If you read about it using a translator, it show which hoses to tap to for the vacuum meter. So I try this approach for my car. However keep in mind that location of the hoses and the detail shown on the picture above is different for the Swift Sport (HT81S) setup. The picture show the location for the tapping point in the M13 engine and not the M15 engine used in the Swift Sport.

The picture above show the location of the same part and hose indicated from the previous diagram from suzukisport website. The bracket that hold the hoses is different.

For the time being, I assemble a temporary connector for my vacuum hoses to be use to replace the original hose. I dont want to tap into the hose by cutting through it and I worry I can't undo the mistake I done if the hose is the wrong one.


After i do some tapping, You can see I install a temporary vacuum hoses to a spare vacuum meter I had in my store to test. I double check all the connection and test the vacuum meter and connection by starting my engine.

The picture show that the meter and hoses works. It show some vacuum and it doesnt flicker or jump around that will indicate loss of vacuum in the line.
Later I install back my air filer and tie up all the connection using a cable tie and secure all the connection properly as I dont want them to jump around when I am driving. Finally I use a long vacuum cable supplied on my DIN meter package to connect it to my dashboard DIN meter. It works and I am happy with the job done.

Comments