Spark Plugs and Plugs Cable

Plug cables and spark plugs does effect the performance of the car tremendously and its a good idea to change your plug about 40,000km cycle or approx of 1 year of heavy driving.
I do change my spark plug at around 40,000km first time same as original spec which is made by NGK. Details as below :-

OEM (install in original engine)
Manufacturer : NGK
Model : IFR6J11 (Laser Iridirum)
Material : Iridium
New added information : -
Gap : 1.1mm (0.044")
Thread : 14mm
Hex Size : 19mm
Heat range : 6

And during my 2nd change of plugs, I had bought the suzuki sport plugs and plug cables to replace the stock. Performance wise, it's a bit better than original but all those maybe just my feeling.

Suzukisport Plugs
Manufacturer : NGK
Model : GTi 271175-0000
Material : Iridium ( i think)

Suzukisport plug cable
Parts number : 272500-97000

Now is the time for my 3rd change of plugs and I wanna try DENSO, so I hope can get a set of iridium plugs compatible for my car and change it during my next oil change.

Denso Spark Plug (compatible)
Model : Iridium Power
Parts number : IK 20


Denso Spark Plug (compatible)
Model : Iridium Tough
Parts number : VK20

Comments

  1. I use Denso IK 20, works good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the DENSO plugs during my last service. I think the NGK plugs are better. They appear to be more responsive and my car certainly uses more fuel on the DENSO plugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used both before, can't feel much difference between both. What I mean is, I do feel better respond and fuel efficiency after changing to new plug regardless of ngk or denso. Both serve well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a problem with my swift. The back end of the plug seems to be leaking after being used for some time. It is not the tip that is giving problem. I have used both NGK and Denso plug but does not make a difference. Anybody else is facing this problem? What to do?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What u mean by leaking ?
    Is the plug cable harden the springs loose ?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment