Suzuki Sport Out, Ohlins In

Ohlins was in my wish list for 2 years and this year I managed to buy one from Japan. It had reach and I just finish installed it after sending it for servicing as one of the absorber are leaking. The picture below are the new front strut mount as the one come with the absorber were rusted.
For your information, I been using the Suzuki Sport Sport Comfort Suspension, which claimed to be more suitable for street use as the damping adjustment are more plus the spring rate are a bit lower. It serve me well for so many years and it does worth every penny of it.
Now, Ohlins on my car. I had used it for around a week and the feeling is almost the same as Suzuki Sport but it is more comfy and a bit sticky to the road. The feeling is very planted to the road, it follow the road very well and this come very good for B road while at the city road, it sometimes feel too bumpy. Anyway, it is still better than my former suspension set.
Ohlins suspension come with 15 step adjustment for dampers on the front and rear. While height adjustment are similar to Suzuki Sport and I kept the height before as I worry on our local speed bump height. Nothing much special on the front strut design compare to the Suzuki Sport but it is slightly thicker in diameter. The front adjustment screw are located at the bottom of the strut compare to at the top for Suzuki Sport. So you need to crawl under the car to adjust the damping, at least you don't need to open the bonnet.
For the rear, it come with rear canister as what shown in the picture above. Adjustment to damping rate are at the top of the suspension.


Comments

  1. Hey how much and what part number are they?

    You should post sisoc too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice setup, I'm guessing they would be pretty pricey? Did you reuse the rear height adjustment from the Suzukisport suspension, or the Ohlins one? I've been chasing the rear height adjusters for my ignis sport, not many manufacturers will sell this part separately for me unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bit pricy but it is very comfortable. I reused the rear spring suspension height adapter.
    Suzuki sport does sell the height adjustment adapter separately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ohlins is a japan spec item and I bought it from yahoo japan auction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, apparently Monstersport do sell the height adjuster seperately as per an email sent from them. Still waiting for a reply on the pricing, seems to take ages!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment