DIY Vacuum Sensor Holder

Today while trying to clean my throttle body as I am experiencing some idling problem, since I am going to open the strut bar, I decided to make a holder for my vacuum sensor.
As you know, the original fitting position for the vacuum sensor is at the original airbox location and since I have change to open pod, the vacuum sensor had to relocated to other location.
During my first attemp to do an open pod, the vacuum sensor was latched to the brake pump piping using a cable tie, it doen't look nice and I worry that the cable tie will eventually weaken the brake pump piping.
Then during my weekend house cleaning, I found an old aluminium ruler and I think it can be converted as a holder for my vacuum sensor. Aluminium itself is quite soft and can be bended using hand and I drill another hole to fit the vacuum sensor to it.
After a while looking for a perfect place to latch the holder, I decided to put it at the main wiring holder at indicated in the picture below. It is a decent location as I doesn't need extra screw and bolts.
The finishing touch is not that nice and clean, I still need to test it a few days to know whether the aluminium ruler can stand the heat and vibration of the engine bay. It is not a perfect solution but at least it serve the purpose.
Cheers.

Comments