Replacement of drive shaft CV joint


Recently, I had visited my favourite workshop to seek their advice on my car. Sometimes, I heard some noises from the left hand side of my car during slow and tight turn. It sound like "tak tak tak" and this noise normally heard during tight turn to the right in slow manner.
First of all, this sound had been heard for at least a month and I am getting worried as the sound get louder from time to time.
After the car get into the lifts and the first time I can notice is the CV cover had ripped open and the grease that is inside the CV joint can be clearly seen.


So, after some test drive by the mechanics, they had confirm that the problem lies on the CV joint and a replacement is needed. The mechanics advice for a total replacement of the entire drive shaft so they contacted the local part supplier, to my delight they come back to me and said that there is part available (entire drive shaft). I agree to the price and leave my car there for them to start their works while I head back to my office.
As late evening approches, I am wondering if my car is ok and the work is completed. Then my phone rang and the workshop brings me a bad news, the replacement drive shaft is too long and doesn't suit my car. They promise they will keep looking and will inform me if there's any good news.

When I am back to the workshop, my car is still on the lifts and mechanics is hanging around waiting for the parts to arrive. Later, I discuss for leaving my car for the day and continue work tomorrow and I will be back tomorrow once the work had completed. I feel sad, as I never leave my car at the workshop overnight before.
Just a few minutes before I plan to leave, the parts arrive, its not the entire drive shaft but just the CV joint. So they start to work on it and finish around 45 minutes later including another round of test drive.
Anyway, I am happy that the work had done and the annoying sound had gone and my car feels better. Since I am changing the CV joint, I also changed the transmission oil in the same time.
I am using Redline MT90 (approx 3 quarts)
Now the car run better and sound quieter. Very happy with the result and a job well done.
I can have a test of 180km/h now... :)

Comments

  1. how cost this part? you know cost drive shaft?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cost me RM 180 for the CV joint.
    They quote me RM350 for the entire drive shaft but it doesn't fit my car anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you give me the name of the supplier for the CV Joint ? I need to purchase 2 for my Ignis Sport. What was the price in US Dollars?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It cost RM 180 = USD 60
    I dont know the supplier for this because it was source by the repair shop. Can't help you on this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment