Fuel for HT81S


I not sure what is happening in Malaysia nowadays, as of today I had heard that the fuel price for RON 97 gasoline will rise to RM2.30 effective 1st of December 2010. That's a increase of around 7% from the old price. I don't know much about the world fuel price and type offer, but I can share with you here that there are 3 types of gasoline available here in Malaysia, RON95, RON 97 and RON100. Some fellow Malaysian will wonder where does this RON 100 come from ? I can safely said (90% accuracy) that RON 100 gasoline is offer by Shell Malaysia and label as "V-Power Racing" costing RM2.54 per litre. RON 95 and RON 97 are offer by all the other oil company here by ESSO, Mobil, Petronas, BHP & Caltex.
As all Ignis Sport and Swift Sport owners know that M15A used in Ignis/Swift Sport required RON98 fuel and mainly because of the high compression ratio in the engine. So what I have been doing for the past 5 years of owning this car is to pump it with RON97 fuel, minimum!
My favourite brand so far is Caltex and Shell, if I had a chance to use RON100 then I will be filling it to the brim as not all Shell station here do provide "V-Power Racing".
For those reader outside of Malaysia, I will be happy that you can share with me the type, company and fuel offer in your country. I add in this post if I receive it.
Thanks.

Malaysia (as of 30/11/2010)
RON 95 (RM1.85), RON 97(RM2.15) and RON100(RM2.54)
Shell, Caltex, ESSO, Mobil, Petronas, BHP

Comments

  1. Ever since i got my iggy i have given it Shell V-power ron99 fuel. in emergencyes i somtimes put som ron98 on it but mostly ron99 from shell

    ReplyDelete
  2. the price is whery different from day to day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh...I forget about the floating of gasoline prices overseas..

    Troel : Does your country have different oil company sell RON99 or RON100 gasoline?

    ReplyDelete
  4. we do not have RON100 yet only "RON99 V-Power"

    and we have alot of different gasolin-stations. But only Shell sell RON99 all others sell normal Ron98 without the addictiv like V-power have

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm....thats good as least 98 is widely available for proper usage in Iggy.
    I just have to use RON97 for the time being..

    ReplyDelete
  6. mostly use 98 but from time to time also 95 and no problems at all

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jasne : May I know where u from ?
    i feel using 95 is no problem but it doesn't bring the best out of the iggy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm from Poland :)

    there is no problem with 95 cos our engine is equipped in knock sensor so nothing bad can't happened :) but the top power (109HP in my case) were available when using 98+ thats my opinion :) i newer been on dyno test so this is just my speculations ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What I most worry is the knock sensor have retart the ignition timing too much that causes too much carbon built up at the valve and intake that reduces the performance significantly that require decarbon to solve it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you sure you wanna know the prices here???
    OK!You 'll a doctor after this one...
    Shell 95RON:7.32RM/lt!
    Shell V-Power 98RON:7.45RM/lt!
    Shell V-Power Racing 105RON:7.92RM/lt!!
    And pretty much other companies are rated at the same price.Companies are BP,EKO,ETEKA,Cyclon.All gasolines are made here in Greece under their company's licenses and the only gasoline that's imported is the Shell!
    You get the picture of how expensive gasoline is here in Greece!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is expensive. OMG....
    Is the price float or fixed by the government ?
    How much an Ignis Sport (new) sell there?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment