Triple Din Meter by Lamco - Part 3 - Problem solved!

Finally I found out where to connect to and how to do it.
Hope that this will be a guide for those who wanna DIY their own meter.

There is a red and yellow stripes wire on the radio which will trigger when the headlight is being switch on. So there will be the tapping point for the lighting mechanism.
For the wire to tap for when you need the power to be on when start the engine tap into the black and white wire.
For the wire to tap to when you always need the power to go to the gauges, tap into the white and red wire.
Refer to the diagram below :-

I had found out which part of the sockets that I been looking to tap from is. Its design for the M13A engine model and its differ from my car which have different radio socket design. If you have read about the service manual in my blog here. If you look into the Wiring diagram manual and read under the M13A engine. You will find the socket that I needed to bypass or consider tap to. The connector that I looking for is G09 in page 188 in the service manual name 99512-80G20-015.pdf

You can always download it at the link below :-
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AJ4SOTFB

Since I know where exactly the DIN meter wire suppose to tap power from, I just cut the wire seperately and tap into the wire with a clip on wire connector which is package together. Finally I solve the problem where I need to connect the power from and now can finally set everything into place. Except the oil temp sensor location. The bundle sensor is suppose to put at the drain plug which is not a favorable location as the plug need to be open everything I drain engine oil. I dont want it to get loose over time. So I am thinking now of putting the sensor on a sandwich place between the oil filter and oil catch below the engine. That will be next thing I will do to complete my DIN meter.

Soon I will post a picture of the DIN when light up in the night when I turn on the headlight.
Wait for it!

Comments

  1. Just I had told you earlier... it looked very much like a radio harness tap to me. But it didn't occur to me that it was for the HT51. btw, great site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have the same gut feeling about this. But somehow the connector is different when i rip apart my dashboard. Then all the question mark start to come out.
    Hmmm...at least I had sorted it out. The connector is for HT51.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment