ZC32S vs HT81S

Its 2014 now and my HT81S just celebrated its 10 years old and the latest generation of Swift Sport (ZC32S) was launched last year (in Malaysia) and I was thinking to visit the local showroom to have a test drive of this new car. I always wonder how much improvement it has over ZC31S.
The above picture was taken during one fine day and I was quite surprise to see a yellow ZC32 parked beside mine when I collect my car for lunch.
Surely I need to have a peek at the grandson of my car (ZC32S is 2 generation older than the current Swift Sport). The car does look nice and it does have it charms but it lack something on the exterior. After looking at it for 5 minutes, walking around the car and the final conclusion that I got is that the car is a 4 door Swift Sport and not a 2 door version (lucky you Euro chap).
Performance wise it is a great car with MT 6 speed and better engine design however it does loose a bit of it due to 4 door design.
Many tend to argue that if you get married, you will need a 4 door car for your children etc... I beg to differ that as I had used my car to ferry my wife before and after married, time when my wife are pregnant (this is of course with coilver ...  :) ) and with my children. My wife sometimes say it feel safer in HT81S than in a 4 door sedan or MPV as the rear passenger are cover entirely in a capsule and with no worries of children opening the door accidentally.
So, what say you fellow HT81S owner ? Do you share the same feeling as me?
Share with me your stories via comments below.
Cheers.

Comments

  1. The new swift sport is a lovely car, much more refined than the HT81S, but I have always preferred the "rawness" and simplicity of the HT81S, it is a real go-cart.

    Had a lady come up to me the other day, she loved my ignis sport so much that she wanted to know where to buy one, she was disappointed to find out it was actually over 10 years old, and long sold out. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This kind of situation are priceless. Make us owning a HT81S even more memorable. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment