New year - New shoes

 It is a brand new year and it almost 2 years since my last tire change. Hence Iggy need a new set of tire to replace my balding Michelin Pilot Sport 3. Michelin serve me well, my overall review of that sets of tire are :-
1. Good grip and tire warm up very fast
2. Good wet traction
3. Average lifespan
4. Noisy after 30k

During my tire change this time, I was given 2 choices either Toyo T1-R or PS3. My gut feeling are going back to PS3 but later change my mind in the last minute to try Toyo. Price for Toyo are cheaper than Michelin slightly. Plus Toyo are Made in Japan.
First impression are :-
1. Tire warm up slow
2. Good wet traction
3. Sidewall a bit soft and not that good for hard steering action
4. Very good in straights
5. Sensitive to tire pressure setting
Since I just use it for a few days, I will do another review after a bit longer with the tire. 

Here is my post for my last set of Michelin PS3 :-

http://ht81s.blogspot.com/2011/11/michelin-pilot-sport-3-on-board-now.html


Comments